Campus Filming Production Fee
This fee grants you a license to film on the USC campus and includes one USC Campus Filming liaison to assist you during all aspects of production, including pre-production scouting, walk-throughs, tech scouts, and day-of oversight. These fees are charged from the arrival of the first production vehicle to the departure of the last production vehicle. All other costs, including location rental fees, USC location representatives (for Doheny Library or Lyon Center for instance), security, etc. are separate.
- Still Photography: $225/hour
- Internet Spots/Industrials: $300/hour
- Television/Web Series: $475/hour
- Commercials/Mini-Series/Movies of the Week: $550/hour
- Feature Film: $675/hour
- Spec Spots/Documentaries/PSAs: Price based on size of crew
- Prep/Strike Days: 50% of the applicable production fee
Location Rental Fees
Note that some locations below require site representatives at an additional fee. Fees listed are subject to change without notification.
- Bovard Auditorium: $750/hour, plus personnel
- Classrooms/Lecture Halls: $200/hour
- Town and Gown (ballroom/formal dining room): $3,000/day
- Libraries: Quote available upon request
- Baseball Stadium (without dugout): $200/hour, plus personnel
- Basketball Gyms: $3,150/day (large);$1,500/day (small)
- Jones Football Practice Field (no bleachers): $1,500/day
- Brittingham (Intramural) Field: $1,200/day
- Diving: $1,800/day plus personnel
- Olympic: $2,400/day plus personnel
- Indoor (PED building): $1,800/day plus personnel
- Racquetball Courts – Newer: $180/day
- Racquetball Courts – Older: $75/day
- Tennis Stadium: $1,200/day
- Tennis Court (individual): $25/hour per court
- Tennis Courts (all): $900/day
- Soccer Field: $2,100/day
- Track and Field: $175/hour (track only); $2,100/day (field included)
- Galen Center: Quote available upon request
- Parking structure: $10-$12/space
- Walkways: $65/hour
- Small parks: $65/hour
- Large parks: $125/hour
- Courtyards: $65/hour
- Quads: $160/hour
- Small plazas: $65/hour
- Large plazas: $125-$160/hour
- Campus Filming Liaison: The services of one liaison are included in Campus Filming production fee (prep/day of/post production).
- Additional Liaison: $75/hour overtime rates apply after 8 hours (needed if production is over 50 people or utilizing more than one location)
- Student Assistant Liaison: $50/hour overtime rates apply after 8 hours (needed if production is over 75 people or utilizing more than two locations)
- USC Security: $45/hour (CSO), $65/hour (PSO) per officer
- Site Representative: $35/hour (applicable if a location requires that a member of their own staff be present during filming)
- Lifeguard: $15-$20/hour (at least two required when filming in or around a pool)
- Parking spaces: $10-$12/vehicle
- Barricaded parking spaces: $11.50-$13.80/vehicle
- On-campus open space: $12/vehicle
- Metered spaces: $50/meter per day
- Yellow zones: $50/day
- Red zone: $75/day
- Gate attendant (required outside of regular gate hours): $35/hour
Operations and Maintenance Fees
An hourly fee ranging from $25 to $100/hour will be charged for any maintenance-related work. This includes air conditioning, fountains, or exterior light controls. These services must be requested at least 72 hours prior to the first day of production. An itemized list of services and prices is available upon request.
A fee equal to 50% of all Campus Filming-related fees (prep/strike, production, rush, personnel) will be charged if the cancellation occurs after the contract has been signed or within 4 working days of the scheduled shoot (excluding weekends), regardless of if a contract is in affect or not. If the cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the scheduled shoot, all fees will be billed at 100%. In either case, if any location has been reserved or any departmental personnel booked (aside from those within the Campus Filming office), those fees will be billed at their full rate.
Application: In order to ensure that all approvals are received and that your shoot is arranged to your expectations, we required that a fully completed application be submitted to our office no less than seven business days prior to the first day or prep day or filming. If you submit your application within seven days of prep or filming, a rush fee equal to 10% of your Campus Filming Production Fee will be assessed.
Tech Scout: We require that a final tech scout be done no less than four business days prior to the first day of prep or filming. If your tech occurs later than this deadline, a rush fee equal to 10% of your Campus Filming Production Fee will be assessed.
FMS Requests: All USC Facilities and Maintenance Services (FMS) related requests must be submitted no less than 72 hours prior to the first day of prep or filming. Any FMS-related requests received after this deadline will be subject to a $75 rush fee per request.